This is module 2 (part 1) of 7 in the Research Skills for Engineering Students tutorial, from UBC Library.
In this section, you’ll learn how to evaluate and identify different types of sources.
Links mentioned in the video for more information:
· UBC Library: Evaluating Information Sources: http://help.library.ubc.ca/evaluating-and-citing-sources/evaluating-information-sources/
· IEEE Spectrum: http://spectrum.ieee.org/
· The Globe and Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/
· Gizmodo: http://gizmodo.com/
· NCSU Libraries: Anatomy of a Scholarly Article: http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/tutorials/scholarly-articles/
Created and recorded by Amber Saundry in Summer 2015, in consultation with Aleteia Greenwood, Ursula Ellis, and Kevin Lindstrom. Post-production by Suzan Zagar.